Thursday, January 29, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Opening presents at home.
Cruising in their new car in below-freezing weather. Tuesday was not the best day for that gift.
This year, we decided to save money and not have a big birthday party. Lilly got to have her party at school and then we took her to Chuck-E-Cheese Tuesday night to celebrate. I never want to go on the weekend again. It was wonderful--there was no one there.
Today I cried on the phone to an inspector (it actually worked). Let's just say it's been a frustrating process trying to pass inspections and get things going so we can move in as soon as possible.
I have learned 5 important things so far:
1. I should have taken Spanish. (this could actually be numbers 1-5)
2. It is impossible to budget in every little thing you will need to spend money on.
3. If you think you need one dumpster, you will actually fill up FIVE.
4. Every single time you get to a house with no plumbing, your kids will immediately have to use the bathroom.
5. Stripping wallpaper is miserable. Completely miserable.