Friday, May 14, 2010

sad day















There have been a lot of tears in the Carman house today. Scole lived 13 happy years and 3 days. He will be missed so much. I couldn't have asked for a better dog for my two little girls to grow up with. He was sweet, gentle, loving, and smart. He was up for every feeding, diaper change, or crying spell when they were babies. He slept by their cribs and then their beds at night. He endured being dressed up, dragged around, and climbed on. Every morning the first thing Lilly would do was find Scole and sit and talk to him and love on him.
He loved swimming so much, sometimes he would jump in the fountain in front of Jon's parents' house and swim a few laps. When the girls were little we could make him run wild by blowing Jon's duck calls. He loved chasing birds, going canoeing, the beach and playing in the snow. He was the best dog. I swear he understood every word we said. Other people agreed with me--Scole definitely knew English :)
I'm going to miss his toenails clicking around on the wood floors, the sound of him drinking his water, his smell, and never coming home to an empty house. I'm sorry I complained about you drooling on the floor when you drank and all the shedding, Scole--you were worth it. We love you so much and will miss you terribly.

11 comments:

LB said...

Lyla, I am so, so sorry. He was such an important part of your family - I'll be thinking about you guys. :(

chesley said...

i know you guys must be so upset! i'm so so sorry!

Tracy Williams said...

I'm so sorry, Lyla. I remember the feeling of losing our family dog when I was little. I'll say a little prayer for you and your girls.

Tracy (Tucker) Williams

Kelly said...

I am so, so very sorry for you, Jon and of course the girls:( I know how hard it is and will say a prayer for you!

The Roper's said...

:( Sounds like he could not have had a better home or been more loved! so sorry.

Missy said...

So sorry!! He sounds like a great friend!

caroline G said...

I am so sorry. What a great dog. Thinking about you!

lyla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

oh Lyla you made me cry again. I am SO sorry. He was a great dog and what great memories.

Becky said...

So sorry, Lyla :( Sounds like he was the perfect dog.

Amy S. Grant said...

Lyla, it is so difficult to lose a beloved pet. He sounds like a wonderful dog! I know your family must miss him terribly.