Saturday, October 23, 2010

Savannah

For my mom's 70th birthday, my sister and I planned a trip for all three of us to Savannah. We tried to plan it BEFORE the birth of John Houston, so that keeping my girls wouldn't be a problem while I was gone, and also because I wanted to be here to see his arrival. With plane tickets purchased and reservations made for months, I got the call from Kim the day before we left that she was being induced the next morning. It was so frustrating, but luckily I have some wonderful friends (and family :) who stepped up and took my girls for me and allowed us to have a wonderful time. We ate a LOT of great food, took in all the beautiful historic sights, and just enjoyed being together.
My sweet sister and mother

One of the beautiful squares

One of the only pictures with all 3 of us--the poor valet took 3. In the first one, I am making this stupid face, telling him to hold the button down, in the second, my mom's eyes were closed, and in the third, my sister is making a funny face. So, I am taking one for the team and posting the ugly shot of myself.


The line outside Paula Deen's restaurant starts lining up at 7:30 in the morning. No thanks.
And, need I say more?


The Mercer house--from Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.





3 comments:

Angie said...

so happy that your end of summer blues have ended! ha. Love, love, LOVE Savannah. Glad you got to go. Laughed out loud about your 3 sons shot. That's a whole lotta appetite in that line.

caroline G said...

I laughed out loud at the 3 sons picture! What a fun trip.

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Sweet trip. Glad to see all your pics of the past few months. Hugs to you all.