Monday, January 7, 2008

Crazy Christmas

We had a very wonderful and very busy Christmas. My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew, and my mom and dad all came on Dec. 23rd and stayed for four days to have Christmas at our house. It was so much fun having a house full of family. We never get to see my sister because they live in Tampa. Dylan, my nephew, is 11 now and is so good with Lilly and Mamie. They are crazy about him. Jon, the girls, and I went to his parents house on Christmas Eve to have dinner and open gifts while my family went out to eat. Lilly and Mamie had so much fun with Sassy and Papa Al and all their aunts and uncles that spoil them rotten! Once the gifts were opened, Mrs. Homebody (Lilly) was ready to go home and get ready for Santa. It was so much fun seeing her get so excited this year. She left Santa milk and cookies and helped me write him a note (Santa left her a note the next morning, but she wasn't interested in hearing it once he mentioned "sharing with Mamie"). Christmas morning they were both so excited to see what Santa had left. It took all morning to open presents with everything that my parents brought up with them. Jon still has a smile on his face from his new gift--his parents and my parents gave him money for a new TV and he and my dad and Tim went and picked it out the day after Christmas. He's like a little kid about it. It's cute to see him get so excited. It was a great Christmas, and certainly not just because of the gifts--we are so blessed to have such wonderful families.

I did a terrible job of taking pictures this year. I had my whole family together at my house (which is a rare occurrance) and didn't get a single family picture. I also failed to get any pictures of any of Jon's siblings with the girls. It makes me so mad! Anyway, I realize I am posting way too many pictures, but oh well! Be sure you go all the way down to the last picture for a special treat!

The girls with Sassy and Papa Al on Christmas Eve

Chaos in my den on Christmas morning--notice we are all in our pjs and my mom is dressed cute

Lilly waiting on our bed until we tell her she can go see her gifts Christmas morning--I thought she was going to pop

It was a "princess christmas" for miss lilly

She had to leave mid-gift opening to get her blue flip-flops. Too bad Santa didn't need to take those to some little girl who needed them...

Trying out the princess bicycle

Uncle Tim playing with Mamie

My sister and Dylan with Lilly at the Opryland hotel

Literally THE ONLY picture of me from the entire holiday --I LOVE my earrings courtney!

The grand finale of my Christmas...I had my tonsils out the morning after everyone left. It was nice because I didn't really have time to think about it and get all worked up. I had heard SO many horror stories I was expecting the worst, but it was actually not bad at all. I only ate ice cream, jello, and broth for about a day and a half, and then I started eating normal soft stuff like green beans and mashed potatoes. The worst part was just feeling tired and groggy and getting sick from the pain medicine. (Now I can add yet another medication to my mile-long list of drug allergies.) I would not have been able to do it without my mom and dad and Jon's mom keeping the girls. I will say it was definitely the most rest I have gotten in at least three years!
I had a cheeseburger tonight--I had been craving one since the surgery. It was incredible. I also ate well over half of an entire lemon cake I made last night--making up for lost time! If you look closely at the blurry picture, you can see the white scabs on the back of my throat--yum!


chesley said...

You are cracking me up posting a picture of your tonsil-less throat! Looks like you guys had a ball!

Dee-Dee said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas. Your girls are so cute, especially Christmas morning. I loved all of the pictures! I am glad your surgery went smoothly as well.