Saturday, February 21, 2009

valentine's day

We had a pretty uneventful Valentine's Day around here with the exception of Lilly's party at school. Jon brought me beautiful peach roses that night, but we didn't do anything this year. Here are a few pictures from Lilly's class party. Jon's mom came too and took Lilly home so I could finish working--thanks Sassy!

Lilly showing off her Valentine mailbox she made

A few of her friends--their room is so small, it's hard to get a picture of both tables at the same time!


The strawberry mice I made for the party--I found them online and thought they were so cute! Lilly loved them--sliced almond ears, twizzlers tails, and icing for the eyes and nose.


8 comments:

Dee-Dee said...

Your mice look so cute! Great job! That first picture of you guys is so good. You look great, and she is just a little mini-me! I love it!

Missy said...

The mice were so cute!!! Maymie loved them!!! Great job!!

chesley said...

The strawberry mice are cute. My mom made some at Christmas but out of Hershey kisses.

Thoughts From Nashville said...

love the mice. mamie and lilly both are really, really cute sweet gals. the house is looking good. can't wait to see it.

Cristie said...

Lilly is too cute, she looks just like you. Love the mice, how creative!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyla,
Always so much fun to check in on you guys. I can't believe how big the girls are getting. They are SO cute. It doesn't seem like that long ago you were walking around Glengarry pregnant with Mamie. Bet that brings back some fun memories :) Hope you all are doing well. LOVE the house by the way- I bet you're getting so excited. I'll have to send some pics. of Will your way. He's getting huge too. And in August will be a big brother. I'm going to need some tips from you. Talk to you soon. Katie

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

cute mice!!

Julie said...

Those mice are so cute! I might have to use that idea and somehow make bunnies out of strawberries for the easter party. I agree with Dee Dee-I love that pic of you and Lilly. She really does look jus like you!