Tuesday, May 27, 2008

rainforest cafe

A couple of weeks ago, I had to run a couple of errands at Opry Mills. Lilly discovered the Rainforest Cafe and has been asking if we can go eat at the "animal mall" ever since. While my parents were here over Memorial Day weekend, we all took Lilly and Mamie to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. Mamie was not so sure about it and spent the first five minutes clinging to me for dear life. She finally decided she liked it and kept saying "mum-key" and pointing to the monkey swinging over our table. Lilly loved it but was a little scared by the thunderstorm they have every 30 minutes. Most of the pictures I took didn't turn out too well because it's so dark. I'm sure we'll be going again--Lilly really liked it. I just enjoyed being there without four classes of first graders asking me if they can go to the bathroom and destroying the gift shop.

In front of the big elephant

Daddy and Lilly by one of the fish tanks. Lilly saw Dory inside.

Pop taking Mamie around to show her all of the animals.


CJ and Lilly




1 comment:

chesley said...

We went to Opry Mills on Sunday and Grant totally freaked out when we walked by Rainforest. He's been there 2 times, but they were both forever ago. Apparently, it made quite an impression during the rain storms b/c he said, "I do not want to see those monkeys." and grabbed to me. I thought he'd love it by now!